Sunday 28 June 2015

Run - summer running

I haven't managed to take any running photos recently, although I've stepped back up to 4 runs a week over the last couple of weeks - I think the lack of photos is because I'm mainly running with friends at the moment, and I'm a bit shy about whipping my phone out to take a snap. But I did manage to take a quick photo on our morning long run yesterday - it really was glorious.



I know I bang on about how much I love running in the countryside - but, oh, I do love running through fields like these. And through woods, and along river paths, and past amazingly grand houses and historical churches - it really makes me feel connected to the landscape. Summer is in full swing now and we're spending a lot of time running along narrow paths through crops up to our waists - such a change from a few weeks ago.  And it won't be long before the crops are harvested and the fields ploughed up, but I'm not sad about the coming of autumn as it means new landscapes to look at, new smells and sounds to take in. Yes, I really do love running in the countryside. 

4 comments:

  1. Oh it looks absolutely glorious. I went for a run early the other morning, down a country lane, and I have to say it was wonderful. I really hope I can make it a habit. And I'm hoping that it gives me extra energy! CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you've managed to do some more running - I really find it helps me get through all the boring stuff, and it's so great to get out into the country. Good luck!

      Delete
  2. looks like a truly beautiful place to run x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! I always feel so lucky to have countrside like this a few minutes away.

      Delete

I'm not sure if anyone reads this. But if you do, and you'd like to comment, I'd get very excited. And would try to reply. Thanks!