Monday 29 June 2015

Cook - lemonade on a sunny day

I've never attempted to make homemade lemonade before and my youngest has been urging us to have a go for a while, so we took a bag of lemons and turned them into this:



It's another Nigella Lawson recipe from Nigella Express (Cloudy Lemonade for a Sunny Day). The recipe's not on her website but it's very simple and involves blending up roughly chopped lemons with sugar and fizzy water. It was lovely and refreshing, although I might do it slightly differently next time (using the blender instead of food processor and blending with a sugar and water syrup first, then adding fizzy water later). Or I may not make any changes at all, as the whole litre that we made this time disappeared very quickly!

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It was lovely. As was the sunny day - it feels like they've long gone now!

      Delete
  2. Is there anything more refreshing than a glass of homemade lemonade on a hot summer's day? I think not. You've reminded me that my mum sometimes had a jug (always the green glass jug meant for sticks of celery!) waiting for me when I came home from school. It never failed to hit the spot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When life gives you lemons.....

    How are the holidays going? I've missed you! How is the running going?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Long time no blog - sorry! I'm busy trying to catch up with everything blog related after a very busy summer - hope you've had a great holiday.

      Delete

I'm not sure if anyone reads this. But if you do, and you'd like to comment, I'd get very excited. And would try to reply. Thanks!