Wednesday 6 May 2015

Craft - printing


Craft club again this evening, and we did printing.  My friends brought a brilliant selection of things to print with including celery, corks, string, potatoes, bubble wrap. loo roll inners ...




I used various items to make the gift labels in the picture (potatoes and lego blocks) and some printed paper (potatoes, bubble wrap, corks). One of my friends printed a whole roll of wrapping paper with the most beautiful roses, using celery (like this).

Playing around with the different objects, dipping them in paint, mixing colours, finding patterns - it was another lovely relaxed, creative craft club evening.


6 comments:

  1. sounds wonderful, love the idea of celery roses x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were brilliant! I'm definitely going to attempt them.

      Delete
  2. I did one year print the wrapping paper and cards for Christmas. That was pre-children and never repeated, but I love the gift tags you've done. May need to get my celery on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I enjoyed printing so much I'm determined to keep on with it - and I love the idea of making practical stuff with a purpose like gift tags and wrapping paper.

      Delete
  3. I keep meaning to make my own gift tags but just haven't got around to it. The celery roses are fantastic!
    Caz xx

    ReplyDelete

I'm not sure if anyone reads this. But if you do, and you'd like to comment, I'd get very excited. And would try to reply. Thanks!