Sunday 1 March 2015

Run - highs and lows

Today's run was a mixed affair.

Highs: the first day of spring, beautiful sunshine, lovely running friends, 20 miles completed - hurrah!

Lows: strong winds, my niggly calf (a perennial problem), one friend's calf injury causing her to stop after 4 miles, finding the last few road miles very hard work

But I guess that's how marathon training goes, and there are only a few more really hard weeks before we taper and then do the race itself - eek.  I think it would be a good idea to get some other events in the diary for early summer to have something to aim for after the race - it will be all too easy to ease off for a bit too long (about 5 years in my case, if previous marathons are anything to go by).



This is from the midpoint of today's run - not as scenic as some of them, but a reminder of a good achievement nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm not sure if anyone reads this. But if you do, and you'd like to comment, I'd get very excited. And would try to reply. Thanks!