Tuesday 10 February 2015

Craft - crochet on the sofa

One of my children was at home ill today - once he'd had a good sleep he was keen to sit on the sofa watching old films with me, so we snuggled up together and I made the most of the opportunity to work on my big blanket. I tried to get a picture of the whole thing but will need to be higher up to get it all in (and do it in daylight next time - the colours are quite off here) - this is about a third of it.


It's a granny stripe, with 4 rows to each stripe instead of the usual two, and will have a border of daisy squares.  I worked the stripes up from the bottom border (because I was making it up as I went along) but now it seems to have got wider, so I'm not sure how easy it will be to attach the other three sides ... I think there are 6 more stripes to do and then the main bit will be finished. I've made about 20 more daisy squares, but I will probably need double that, so it's some way off being finished.  The provisional deadline is April, so I need to get cracking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm not sure if anyone reads this. But if you do, and you'd like to comment, I'd get very excited. And would try to reply. Thanks!